Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reality? 2

Secondarily if we were not raised in a Christian home. Where our hearts were given to Christ and then in response to His love we pursue hard after His truth in every area, we have a problem. If He is not the beginning and the end of every subject of our pursuit, then we are in danger of Godlessness. Since nature abhors a vacuum we will be filled with the most subtle forms of evil, rotting our soul. For me, being raised in a non Christian home and totally brainwashed by the state educational system I loved, pursued and defended the false god of secularism (Mr. Cool). I was totally unable to understand and perceive the truths of Christ. Never mind fight the culture war in me. All of my presuppositions were emphatically anti-Christ. After Christ’s saving work a lot of shifts were made in my affections from secular idols to Christ instead. Then after coming a long way I became proud. Pride being a stumbling block, I then set myself up as judge of truth in my world. I neglected the fact that my savoir is truth. It is only from Him that I am able to see and participate in what is real and true. Of course the world hates this; it is the antithesis to Satan’s lies. Worldly men are emphatic and fanatical about what they believe is true. Just living for Christ shines the light on their lust for what is putrid. Make hard decisions to purify your mind and life. Christ gave His all, what have you given? Don’t consider that giving up a few affections for worldly lusts a place to stop and rest. This is a race; we will rest in eternity from these battles within.

B.A.Worel

1/15/08

No comments:

Post a Comment