Friday, February 26, 2010

Christening

As I was reflecting on the purpose of a father; on our hope to commit before God the desire to raise our children as vessels of Christ. The type and purpose thereof being his choosing. It has become overwhelming to me that I am to deliver our children’s first love and kiss to the marriage altar unmolested. Where they will bestow the gifts of Love, Honor and purity.

I know this is but a small stepping stone in the path of their life but it is one that requires their heart. This is a precious gift entrusted to me by God. While it is satins’ desire to steal it any way he can.

We in fact must be practical and sure, a hollow religious act will only be sufficient to deceive ourselves.

What we are committed to is

1. Diligent Discipline= understanding we are sinners as well.

2. Purposeful Discipleship= always learning with our children.

3. Practical Protection = from ourselves first and then the world.

4. Affectionate Appreciation= loving them daily in many ways.

1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing this on Sunday! And how special that you wrote it out and Iliana can read it someday!

    ReplyDelete